This section contains all the useful information about the club, and what we do.
What to bring
We can provide everything else; Helmets, Buoyancy aids and Windproofs, as well as boats from our club fleet.
- Warm Clothing: Most paddlers wear a swimming costume (or similar) and some additional clothing for warmth. This can include:
- Tracksuit bottoms
- Thin Jumpers
- Footware: Good footwear is essential, and should be worn throughout the session. We recommend plimsolls, deck-shoes or wetsuit boots.
- Dry Clothes: To get changed into afterwards.
- A Towel: You'd be surprised how many of our regulars forget!
- A Warm Drink: Great for those cold days.
- Any Kayaking kit you have: We do provide everything else, but any gear you have is likely to be better.
- Under 12: Always bring your parent or guardian along with you.
- Aged 12-17: Please bring a responsible adult with you the first time, and make sure they talk to the Duty Instructor.
Although rare, we do occasionally have to turn people away, based on conditions, so we need to make sure everyone gets home safely, especially our younger paddlers.
After that you may be able to paddle unaccompanied, but please check with a coach or committee member.
Non-Members of the Club
If you're not a member we ask you to join up as a "Day Member" for the session.
This pays for all the facilities, and public liability insurance.
Please note, due to insurance reasons, you can only visit the club a maximum of 3 times as a Day-Member.
After this you will need to join as a full member.